To our friends, guests and those planning a stay at Green Tree Inn.
We are working hard to ensure the safety of our guests and ourselves. We would like to share what we are doing in an effort to keep you safe while visiting our property. Gary and I live on site and we have always been very meticulous about the cleaning and disinfecting of our home, guest rooms and common areas. You can read our guest comments in Trip Advisor & Google.
Even prior to the pandemic, one comment that was consistent in our reviews was the cleanliness of our property. We have continued that high standard and increased our disinfecting practices.
We actively researched proper protocols and processes and we believe that staying at a small facility is the “Better Way to Stay”. We have consulted many resources such as CDC, OSHA, Lodging & Restaurant association guidelines and best practices from other small lodging establishments. We are signatories of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) “Safe Stay” guidelines. In addition, we are closely monitoring and following national, state and local advisories. EPA approved cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place to clean guest rooms and common areas with particular attention paid to high touch items.
On this page we are sharing some of our procedures so that, along with your own safe practices, you can avoid the virus and have a relaxing and fun stay at Green Tree Inn in Historic Elsah, IL.
Gary and I have received both of our Covid vaccine shots.
Guest Rooms and Bathrooms:
- Guest rooms are left vacant a minimum of 24 hours between guests if possible or per special request.
- Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned with our usual high standards.
- All fixtures (sink, shower, toilet, etc.) cleaned and disinfected, all high touch surfaces wiped down and disinfected.
- All laundry washed in hot water with all-natural Melaleuca laundry detergents.
- Wash your hands! Liquid soap at sink.
- Each room has a supply of disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer is placed in common areas.
- Due to safety recommendations, rooms will not be freshened during the guest stay.
- Contactless check in is available.
Home Cooked Breakfast and Afternoon Sweet Treats:
- We will continue to personally prepare and serve our home cooked breakfast and homemade afternoon sweet treats.
- Afternoon sweet treats will be served individually wrapped.
- Distanced seating by couples will be provided.
- Staggered breakfast times will be offered.
- All dishes are washed on the sanitation cycle of the dishwasher.
- Gary and I have completed our Food Management Safety Course and will continue to follow our high food safety standards.
- Gary and I will be wearing masks when serving guests.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available in the common area for guest use.
Hugs and Handshakes are temporarily being replaced with bright eyes and welcoming smiles (behind our masks).
We ask that you practice social distancing if you encounter other guests in the common areas.
If you’re not feeling well please stay home, take care of yourself and seek medical attention if necessary. Our standard cancellation penalties will not apply if you cancel due to Covid related circumstances.